P&B has been designing, manufacturing and installing vacuum retrofit circuit breakers (and conducting switchgear refurbishments) for more than 25 years and is considered a global market leader in this specialist field.
Through their extensive experience, P&B have developed methods to combat aging equipment by utilising modern manufacturing methods, paired with cutting edge 3D laser scanning techniques as demonstrated in the video below.
- Increased operating reliability and safety
- Enhanced short circuit ratings available
- Reduced maintenance and environmental impact
- Elimination of hazardous materials such as asbestos
- Decreased insurance costs due to absence of oil
- Service life can be extended by up to 30 years
Benefits Over Replacing Complete Switchboards:
- Significant overall cost saving
- Minimal disruption to site and supply
- No need to disturb or replace HV cables
Typically, P&B’s range covers these ratings:
Current: 400A, 630A, 800A, 1250A and 2000A
Fault rating: 20kA, 25kA, 31.5kA and 40kA
BIL: 75kV or 95kV
The following designs are available (additional options may be achievable):
English Electric / GEC: OLX, OLX3
GEC: BVP17, VMX
AEI: QA / QF
South Wales Switchgear: C4X, C8X, C12X, D4X, D8X, D12X – LP & HP, SBB, DBB, HG12
Brush / Hawker Siddeley Switchgear: VSI (R4 & R8 etc.), VMV, VMH
S&C: A4, A6, UAE4, UAE6
Reyrolle: LMT, LMT2, LMT23, LSR, L* variants.
BTH: JB721 (QA / QF)
GFF Power also offers retrofit contactor solutions from P&B as well as an extensive range of Retrofit Instrument Transformers from Transmag, including indoor & outdoor current and voltage transformers.